The Senior Drilling Engineer (SDE) function shall be a key member of the OEPL Drilling Team for preparing, planning and delivering wells in OEPL Assets.
- Assist in the location, set up and maintain OEPL operational base if applicable to include
- Identify and organize well operations files in a project structure
- Support and work with OEPL subsurface team on well engineering aspects of field development plan (FDP)
- Prepare the well engineering aspects of well proposals and assess re-entry feasibility for existing wells
- Develop and maintain/ensure technical integrity of the drilling and completions programs
- Coordinate well planning and execution operations.
- Prepare and maintain the wells basis of design for all operations (drilling, completion and well test)
- Organize peer reviews of the wells basis of design/programs (drilling, completions and testing)
- Prepare technical input and attend Technical Committee meetings with stakeholders and regulatory agencies.
- Have oversight and coordinate Wellsite operations as well as logistics, equipment, material and personnel support
- Coordinate the development of OEPL Well Engineering Polices and Standards, Procedures and Guidelines to deliver safe and efficient operations
- Maintain and close out remedial work plans following audits.
- Maintain well programs in compliance with OEPL Policies and Standards.
- Confirm programs adequately highlight risks, and include suitable mitigation.
- Complete necessary exemptions in advance to leave adequate time for project, and Management review.
- Close out operating failure reports for unscheduled events that occur. Ensure corrective action is completed on time. Ensure Lessons Learnt register is complete and of high quality.
- Develop and maintain OEPL drilling program processes, and ensure check sheets, are completed.
- Capture Lessons Learnt in all programs.
- Provide technical input to bids for services and equipment.
- Provide technical input to tender reviews as necessary.
- Challenge engineers to provide technical solutions to unscheduled events.
- Assist operations in the management of unscheduled events.
- Administration and training
- Prepare AFEs
- Maintain medium and long-term material requirement lists for all wells.
- Ensure End of Wells Reports are completed on time.
- Complete cost reconciliation the end of all wells. Provide cost estimation refinements to the Cost Controller.
- Develop and maintain Score Cards for services suppliers
- To direct Junior Well Engineers working on OEPL projects
- B.Sc. Degree in Engineering discipline.
- 12 – 14 years well engineering and operational experience.
- Well Site Supervisory experience and operational knowledge.
- Valid supervisor level well control certificate (Surface/Floating – combined).
- In depth knowledge of horizontal, deviated drilling, mud engineering, casing design, completions design and well testing.
Closing Date :30 / 04 / 2012