Details of the JOb
ABUJA – PUBLIC AFFAIRS SECTION (PAS)
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES OPEN TO: All Interest Candidates POSITION TITLE: Distribution Clerk – FSN-04
OPENING DATE: April 05, 2012
CLOSING DATE: April 18, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR - Ordinarily Resident–N1, 393,184 per annum (Starting basic
Position Grade: FSN-04
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid
in accordance with the U.S. Mission Local Compensation Plan
NOR – (USEFM) - US$24,518 (Starting Salary) per annum.
Position Grade: FP-AA
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE
REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR
CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE
RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING
OFFICER UNDER CHIEF OF
MISSION (COM) AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO
BE ASSIGNED OFFICIALLY TO POST.
The U.S. Embassy in
Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for
the position of Distribution Clerk in the Public Affairs Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is working under the general direction of PAS Program Management
Assistant, he/she discharges support responsibilities for the overall administrative
operations of the PAS office. This duties include dispatching, dissemination and
receiving of PAS out-going and incoming mails, pouches and parcels; maintainace and
operation of office machines, helping to set up venues for PAS programs, periodic
delivery of USG poured collections for the American Corners, ordering and issuing
expendable supplies or other office requirements.
To obtain a copy of this announcement, please visit our
Mission website at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will
not be considered.
1. Completion of Secondary School education is required.
2. Minimum of two years of experience working in an office environment with
experience operating modern office machinery is required.
3. Level III (Good Knowledge) Speaking/Reading in English is required.
4. Must have a solid foundation of office procedures, manners and decorum.
5. Must have ability to operate office equipment (copiers, fax machines, telephone,
computers, scanners, shredders).
6. Must possess moderate computer skills, especially operating a computer in
Windows environment and using applications such as MS Word, Excel, Internet
research method, outlook etc.
When fully qualified,
U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.Veterans receive preference. Therefore, candidates must specifically address the required
qualifications in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism or conflict of interest, budget, and residency
status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident (OR) employees with an Overall Summary Rating of
Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance
Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
5. Currently-employed Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) employees hired under a
Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired in a
position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application
will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or
curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned)
that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this
position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261