Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Vacancy at the U.S. Embassy, Abuja: Visa Assistant
The U.S Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Visa Assistant in the Consular Section.
Position Title: Visa Assistant
FSN-06/FP-08 (Position will be filled at theFSN-06/FP-08 Trainee level with promotion target grade of FSN-07/FP-07 after one year with supervisor’s recommendation).
Open To: All interested candidates
Working Hours: Full Time 40 hours/week
Job Location: Abuja – Consular Section
Salary: OR-Ordinarily Resident; N1, 907,136 per annum (starting basic salary). In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the U.S. Mission Local Compensation Plan (LCP).
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or application will not be considered.
1. Bachelor Degree in one of the following disciplines: Art, Business Administration, Communication, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Foreign Language, History, International Relations, International Affairs, Literature, Liberal Arts, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science or Sociology is required.
2. Minimum of one year clerical work experience in a busy office environment.
3. Level IV (Fluent) speaking and writing and Level III speaking and reading in one local language (Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo) are required.
4. The incumbent should have a general knowledge of U.S. Embassy and Consular Section functions.
5. Must be proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Basic Function: The incumbent Acts as full NIV Team member, performing difficult and responsible clerical and related work, pertaining to the full range of non – immigrant Visa services. The incumbent performs relevant clerical duties involved in the delivering of Visa services within the non-immigrant Visa Unit of the Consular Section, in accordance with Unit standard Operating Procedures and established Visa Processing guidelines.
Interested applicants MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD- 214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter .
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
Opening Date: April 16, 2012
Closing Date: April 29, 2012